Monday, February 1, 2010

Yes, everything is beautiful at the ballet

Day 31

I saw Dance Tech tonight. I always like getting to watch dance shows because the only ones I have seen in the past have been dance recitals, and that just isn't the same. Sometimes they're good, but you just watch them for the 4 year olds. Or at least I do. Dance Tech is actually a legitimate dance performance. And it made me wish I could appreciate dance more. I think it's the same reason I don't like watching "CATS". I just can't appreciate it. Don't get me wrong, I know what they do is rigorous. I'm taking dance classes and the stuff they can do just blows my mind.

Maybe it's just with modern. It's so abstract and out there. Sometimes I can get the message of what they're trying to say, but other times I have no idea what's going on. And sometimes the movement is so random and out there that it just makes me wonder why. I think I like stuff like ballet or tap because it's got a set of rules that have to be followed. I'm not a dancer, so it's hard for me to grasp what is considered good dancing and what isn't. I know what I like and think is good, but it's probably different dancing wise.

But another reason I love Dance Tech is because of the lights. The lighting design is always my favorite of the year. The lights really make the dances sparkle. They add so much to the performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment