Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

Day 32

I like people. I can deal with people of all personality types, usually. I'm patient and I don't have a bad temper, so I can deal with people. Angry people. Depressed people. People who don't have a clue. All kinds.

But, my dear friends, I cannot deal with people who don't care.


That is one of my pet peeves. You can be the biggest prick in the entire world (and I might get annoyed by that) but if you have a passion for what you are doing and try your hardest, then I can't fault you. I respect you for that. But if you don't have the drive, the passion, just the want to do something, then I don't want to deal with you.

The reason I say this is because I encountered a person like that today. I won't say the class because then it will be obvious who it was, so I'll just name this person Pat. I was partnered up with Pat for a certain activity that my class was doing. We were given instructions and then told to work on it. As soon as we were given time, Pat shut down and didn't say anything. Pat, apparently, wasn't engaged at all in the activity. Pat just wanted to leave. This infuriated me so much that I just shut down. I worked on what I needed to do in my head and wasn't worried about helping Pat at all. The fact that Pat didn't care about the class...I'm getting angry just thinking about.

This is my life and hopefully will be my career. I'm taking this class because I want to become a better actor and better understand the art of theatre. I know not everyone views it this way, but I would hope that if you are a declared theatre major or minor that you would give a rat's ass to some extent to learn about it and at least try. Why waste my time, the class's time, or even the professor's time? If you don't care, then don't show up. I just don't want to deal with people who don't care when I don't have to. I only have a year left here. I want to soak up every opportunity that I can. And I know I will be dealing with people like Pat for the rest of my life, but I wish they would just get a clue and stop wasting everyone's time!

*end of rant*

No comments:

Post a Comment