Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 53

So "The Night of CATologues" actually happened!! Yesterday!!! It was such a crazy whirl of an experience. We met 3 hours before the performance and basically created the whole show. There were 7 actors, including me, who participated. We did our monologue and then did little skits in between. It turned out really well! We had about 20 people come, including 3 older men who heard about it and drove from Plainview to see it. That's crazy!!!

It gets me on a different subject, but it's sad that there's not more theatre like this out here. Just random, experimental type theatre. yeah, we've got your plays at the regular theatre, but what about a different type of theatre? Like a place for original works or a performance of cat monologues? Now that Limelight is disappearing, I'm scared about what that means for Lubbock. We'll always have LCT and Tech and other theatres in the area to produce plays, but I don't want that to be the only theatre offered for Lubbock. I want all types of theatre and performance art to be available. I don't know where you can do it now without worrying about censorship.

I wish there could be that theatre safe haven again. Where you can try and perform almost anything and not worry about the consequences. I'm worried we won't find a place like that here ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment