Monday, February 8, 2010

I want to be a part of it, New York, New York!

Day 37

Well, I am pleased to inform you that I, Christina Jones, am officially booked to fly out to NYC over Spring Break!

HUZZAH!!

This whole idea started in August, when me and a friend of mine were eating at Ruby Tequila's and I was in a horrible place in my life. We decided that we were either going to NYC over spring break or the study abroad program they have through the school. So we discussed it and decided to try for NYC because it would be cheaper. We both have been there before and done the touristy things...Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, etc. But neither of us had seen a lot of the shows. I've seen Wicked twice and The Lion King, but I really wanted the chance to see more. So, our trip is completely dedicated to seeing shows. We are theatre majors after all.

So, besides paying for flight and hotel, most of our money is going to tickets for Broadway musicals. So far, we plan to see Next to Normal, Hair, A Little Night Music, God of Carnage, Rock of Ages, and The Adams Family. Which means I have the chance to be in the same room as Angela Lansberry, Catherine Zeta Jones, Lucy Lui, Nathan Lane, Jeff Daniels, Bebe Neuworth, Alice Ripley....OMG to the max!!!

So, needless to say I'm super pumped about this trip. Now that we've booked and paid for the flight makes it official. It still doesn't seem real, though. It probably won't hit me until we get on a plane that I'm making one of my dreams come true...going to New York City and only seeing musicals. It is truly heaven on Earth for me. So, more details to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment