Monday, February 8, 2010

Tell us, where did we go right?

Day 36

I forgot to mention that I finally performed my character exercise for my principles II class on Wednesday. It was sort of a last minute deal, because we only had about 7 minutes left in the class, so he asked if anyone wanted to perform. I was in no way ready to go, just mindset wise, but my partner volunteered us to go. So we kind of half-assed our way through it. It was fine. We got through it and talked about it a bit before we were dismissed. Today we got to talk about it more in-depth.

I think I personally did very well with it. If I could have had more prep time with it, I could have dove a lot more into this guy's head. But I think with what I was given, I did a good job. My partner on the other hand...well, I won't go into that. I got a good critique from the class. They said they could see the thought process going on, that something was really bothering me. I've been working on that for me personally. I want to be onstage and for people to see the thought process going on rather than just a blank face. It gives the character more motivation. I also have been trying to go through those thought processes in my head while acting. I've gotten a lot better with it, but I know I still have a ways to go.

I really didn't get any negative critiques. I hate that. I want the bad critiques along with the good. I might have done some things that were good, but I know I did bad things too. I hate the fact that there are only a few people that will actually tell you if you sucked or something didn't work. My professor will sort of tell you, but not really full out. I'll go into more detail about this at a later date, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment