Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 45

I'm ready to get back into the swing of things of a show. This is the first time in a year and a half that I've had this long of a break in between shows. I've always jumped from one show to another immediately, or with like a 1 or 2 week break. But, I really think I need this break. I've been going 100 mph for a while now, so to just have the time to breathe and enjoy staying home at night and actually having time for homework is refreshing.

But now I'm ready to go back to show-mode. I miss the rehearsal process, and how frustrating and fulfilling it is all at the same time. I'm really looking forward to this play, too. I've always had issues with one-acts. Every one-act that I've been in has had some fatal flaw to it. I usually get the shitty role, or sometimes I'll get a decent one but the direction or script is wonky. I just have a hate-hate relationship with one acts. But I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. I have a great role in a great script with a great director and great cast. All signs are pointing to yes. But we haven't started yet, so all of that could change. But right now I'm excited about this new show. We'll see how it goes, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment