Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 54

My character for RROAPS is developing. I'm starting to feel like Michelle is becoming a real character now and not just a caricature. It's been difficult because Michelle is almost three different "entities" for each different scene. The first scene, she plays the prostitute yet she is a cat ready to pounce on her prey. The second scene she plays warrior princess. Third scene she plays the princess falling apart. And all this happens within 20 pages. That's mighty difficult my friend!

But I think it's coming along. My biggest concern is trying to make Michelle real. I don't want her to be a stereotype of all these different things. I want her to be a real character that is going through a lot.

I feel confident with our progress though. We are already doing run-throughs of the show. We blocked the whole show last week and are pretty confident with what we have so far. As I have said before, I don't feel like I can truly act with a script in my hands, so next week will be interesting since we have to be off-book by then. But I'm hearing things from other plays in RROAPS, and they seem to be farther behind than we are. So I feel good about our spot. We are nowhere near ready, but we're slowly getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment