Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Huh, what a crazy random happenstance!

Day 40

I auditioned for Lubbock Moonlight Musicals tonight. I wasn't sure if I was going to or not. It's a little scary deciding what your summer could possibly be in early February. But I thought this would be a great shot at something that I really don't get to do anymore.

I used to consider myself a musical person. All through high school I did a couple of musicals at the community theatre. And I got really good parts. Then I got into college and that wasn't the case. I was a little shocked at first, but now I realize my limitations. I'm not a great singer. I can carry a tune and sell a song, but I'm never going to be on Broadway (for a musical, anyways :) ). I've really missed that part of my theatre/acting career. Musicals are what really brought me into considering theatre as my life quest. And, if you haven't already figured out, I am a musical junkie. I always wish that I could be in these musicals that I love so dearly. But I've accepted that I won't at the college level because I just don't have the singing chops to make it.

However, I do plan on being Miss Hannigan before I die. I don't care who I have to sleep with or kill, I will play that role eventually!

But anyways, I digress. The audition went very well. I sang my little heart out with my character actress song. They mentioned that I have a really impressive resume, which I think I do and I'm very proud of. And they talked about how they liked me in some of my previous work I've done at Tech and in the community. It pays to be crazy and do 50 bajillion shows at once because it only takes one for them to see and remember you.

Crazy random happenstance moment: The director asked me where I am originally from and what high school I went to. I told him and he replied "You don't remember me, do you?" I said no, and he proceeded to mention that he remembered me at Lee when they brought a performance series with a couple of opera singers who performed at the Lee auditorium. Then it hit me! I don't necessarily remember him, but I remember helping out with that. We got a full day off of school and got to help set up and watch the opera singers perform. The fact that he remembered that after six years is crazy random! Especially now that I have bangs! lol

So, crossing my fingers for some good results. I'm not expecting a lead of any kind. I would be extremely happy just to make it as an ensemble character. I'd just like to try something new for the summer. I want to be in a happy musical again!

No comments:

Post a Comment