Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 47

Being a prostitute is hard work.

We worked on blocking the first scene for the show in which I'm basically seducing this guy. There's a lot of movement, and kissing, and caressing, and smooth moves....it's just tiring. At the end of the rehearsal I was exhausted. I can't imagine what prostitutes must feel like when they have to do that as their job, lol

Blocking this scene also made me realize how utterly clumsy and awkward I am. I've gotten better than I was when I first started playing the whore roles. Experience helps you with that haha. But I'm still just not a sexy person. Every time I try to be sexy I feel like I'm just being a goof. I almost see myself as someone like Carol Burnett trying to be sexy. It just comes off as funny. My mind just tells me "Do this!" and it comes off as comedy more than seduction. It's all really a mindset though. I don't see myself as sexy in real life, so it doesn't translate to the stage at all.

I also started wondering what I'm going to wear for the show. Like, how does a prostitute who is really an alien warrior princess dress? And I have to take some clothes off, which I'm used to doing that on stage, but I'm not sure how everyone will react to that. The Tech audience is used to seeing dudes take off clothes, but not really women. I'm used to taking off clothes on stage now, which is a funny thing to say. Limelight prepared me for that. After you've been naked or partially naked onstage, nothing else really phases you. 10 page monologue? I can do it! You want me to juggle and breathe fire out of my nose? Pshaw! I've been in my skivvies in front of hundreds of people...I can tackle anything now!

No comments:

Post a Comment