Monday, January 11, 2010

You are the weakest link...GOODBYE!

Day 11

I have a weird and probably unhealthy addiction to reality shows. When I had free time and a tv in my room, I would watch countless hours of pointless shows. I watched the original Survivor...and American Idol.....and Big Brother. So you can imagine my addiction has carried over into my current adult-like life. I will still watch them every once in a while, but I don't get to as much as I would like (which is probably a good thing). And, sad to say, I've always wanted to be on a game show. Probably nothing like Real World or Big Brother or anything...if I had to choose one it would probably be Amazing Race.

But just recently I thought...I can now never be on a reality show. Unless it was one to find the next big actor, which would never be, then I can't be on it! Everyone that gets on these shows ends up getting their 15 minutes of fame, and then fading into oblivion. And of course there are some of these people that attempt to get a career in acting, but they are always known as "That one chick from that reality show". Even if they wanted to be an actor to begin with. Their chances are ruined now.

Now I'm not saying this happens to all reality show contestants. I mean, look at Elizabeth Hastleback, who was on Survivor and now co-hosts the View. And there are a few others who have gotten into some movies and tv shows. But now a days reality show stars are a dime a dozen, so there is nothing special about them now. Which makes me sad because I would love to be on a reality show, but I know I will never be looked on as a good actress as soon as I'm on camera. My legitimacy goes down the drain.

So no Wheel of Fortune for me :(

No comments:

Post a Comment