Saturday, January 2, 2010

We can either be distinct or wind up merely mediocre...but not me!

Day 2


Not a lot of acting going on for me, so I'll talk about how much I adore [title of show]. For those who don't know, [title of show] is a musical about two guys writing a musical about two guys writing a musical. I don't exactly remember how I came across it; I think I found it randomly on Amazon.com and ordered it. It's a pretty good musical. A lot of the songs are very catchy and the lyrics are hysterical one minute and then very poignant the next.

That's not why I love this show.

I love this show because it has so much heart and soul that it's insane! I've just recently come upon youtube videos with bootlegs of the show, and you can see how much these 4 people love what they are doing at that moment. There's one that just gets me every time. **Sidenote**: For those who don't know, the show first started like Off-Off-Broadway a while ago, then slowly moved to Off-Broadway, and surprisingly made it to a Broadway theatre (With only 4 actors, 4 chairs, and 1 piano). That's crazy!!! They didn't last very long, only a couple of months, but the fact that they made it all the way to Broadway says something. Anyways, I digress, this one clip shows them singing a song on their closing night on Broadway, and it's so heartbreaking and beautiful!

I've also been watching their youtube series they did while preparing for broadway called "The [title of show] show". They are hilarious and it's interesting to see how they get ready for a big-time audience. And I love all the Broadway star cameos. **Another Sidenote**: One kinda-big Broadway star that made a cameo on one of the episodes is named Michael Arden (know this guy's name because he's going to make it big) is from Midland, TX and when I was in elementary school I went with a friend of mine to his senior voice recital. Cool little tidbit.

But, the whole point of this, besides displaying my adoration for this show, is to show how inspiring it is. Even in these little webisodes where they are goofing around and parodying things, you see that spark in their eyes. They live it, they breathe it. They want it so badly that if they don't get it they'll probably die. You can't help but watch and see this. It's infectious. And it inspires me tremendously. I've had so many downs, probably more than I can count and certainly more than my ups; but so has every single person in this field. I'm sure these four faced so much adversity trying to get this show out to the public. The point is when you do have adversity is to get up, dust yourself off, and try to get back on the horse again.

And that's where I'm at right now. I was sitting good on the horse and got kicked off. Now's my chance to dust myself off and get back on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I am the only person following you...so I will be your number one fan!

Actor365 said...

Hey, I've got to start somewhere! You receive a gold star my friend!

Post a Comment