Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 65

I just saw an amazing piece of theatre. And I want to jizz in my pants.

Well, maybe not the jizzing part, but I did see some fantastic theatre! Tech's production of "Rabbit Hole" was one of the best shows I've seen them do since "Goodnight Desdemona, Good Morning Juliet". It was wonderful. It's the first time in a long time that I've actually got to sit and enjoy a show without critiquing the hell out of it. Mind you, there were some little things that irked me, but it was overall grand.

I was worried going into the show because I've done a scene from it and have read the entire thing. I already had some preconceived notions about the play and how I think the characters are. But it was nice to see that translate onto the stage with the actors' interpretation of each character. They seemed to be real characters up there. I think that's what I loved most about the show. It was almost like we were just peeking in on an actual family. They seemed real and genuine and didn't go towards the Lifetime movie of the week route. And I adored what the director did with some parts of the script. With a lot of the fights he overlapped the lines to make it sound like an actual fight. It's not like that in most of the script, so I applaud that directorial choice. I think it worked marvolously!

Seeing theatre like that just rejuvenates me. Whenever I see good theatre, it helps inspire me with what I'm working on at the time. I sometimes get a little tired with the routine of rehearsals, so to get that little jump, that spark....it always helps. It makes me want to be just as good as them. I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment