Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 63

Ah man. I just had one of those really really awesome rehearsals! Just one of those fun rehearsals where I really got to play around and make bold choices. I'm the type of actor that is willing to fall on my ass during a rehearsal trying new bits out. Usually my gut instinct is the best one, and the first to come out, but it's always fun to experiment with what's going on. That's probably why my favorite improv game to play with a show is "New Choice" when you say or do something and the director tells you new choice and you have to come up with something else. It's really fun, especially when you get to do it through a show. You get to be truly creative and let your imagination just go with it.

It was also a great rehearsal because I felt things beginning to click. It's a hard feeling to describe, but sometimes you're rehearsing a scene or a show and some things just don't feel right. Then, with some minor changes, things start to feel right and click together to make a connection. I'm starting to get that feeling. We got to work little moments out and discover new aspects of the characters that we didn't even realize before. I love being able to do that. Sometimes stuff like that doesn't happen until you get into the nitty gritty of dress rehearsals and final techs. It's nice to get this weeks before we open....which is actually in about 3. Eeek!

But, in all actuality, I'm not nervous about it at all. I think we're in a really great place right now. We will definitely be ready for an audience by first preview. I'm at the point where we are running the show, but I would love to get some other outside eyes to see and react. It's hard with a suedo comedy because it really can't take flight until you have an audience to work off of. I'm ready for it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment