Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 59

So back to the grind of rehearsals. Tonight was actually nice because we had a semi-audience. All the head tech people came to see a general gist of the show so they know where to go with their designs. Thankfully, RROAPS isn't that difficult to design. Costume wise it isn't that hard. Everything else can be pretty difficult, especially for our show since we move around a lot. I'm interested to see how the hanging will go. We keep doing it and I always worry that it'll look dumb. I'm just standing on the ground pretending like I'm being hung. I know it's stylized, and with the lights it will be better....at least I hope so.

We're at a new valley in our show. We're finally getting the scripts out of our hands and trying to go off-book. The first night is always rough. Acting kind of gets thrown out the window in order to remember lines and trying to move and talk at the same time. Funny how difficult that can become when you don't have the script telling you what to do. I'm usually pretty good with getting off-book. I don't find memorizing that difficult, so moving on to that in the rehearsal process is exciting. I'm ready to really be able to act and focus on all aspects of my performance. All the Luger stuff we just learned has been creeping into my head. I'm trying to work on the physicality of the character a lot. And period styles is finding a way into my character a lot too. My character is a princess after all, so I'm trying to think about all the status stuff we are learning and trying to apply it to the character. It's becoming very useful in what I can do onstage.

This is our first little bump in the road. After we get over the line thing, we should be growing a lot more and getting better. I'm excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment