Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 62

Big things are happening, my friends. Big, BIG, things.

We had a general APO meeting today, and everything went well. We started talking about ACTF and possibly doing more acting things. It got all these ideas starting to roll around in my head. I plan on running for president for next year, and I have a good shot of getting it. I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but this is like the only acting "group" that we have at Tech that's not class-related. So, if I do get it, I plan on implementing a lot more acting related activities for us to do. I've realized, especially this year, that it's difficult to not get cast in the season at Tech. It's almost like a semi-death sentence, lol. But if we have more opportunities just through APO, it could create a really great environment to learn and get better. I have a lot of plans, and some I might scetch out on here first. I do have 5 followers now :) although one is a made up person, so I'm curious as to who it really is...and maybe I can buy him/her a drink! bahaha

On the other hand, we have a new organization starting up that I'm a part of. A friend of mine came up with the idea of a group that puts on original works in found theatre spaces. And it won't even be theatre all the time. The group encompasses film as well. It's a really great idea, and a lot more exciting than anything going on right now. Now that the Limelight is closing down, there's not really another place to do theatre that you wouldn't normally see in a theatre building. And I've talked on here about random ass theatre, like the NY Times article about the show that was performed in an actual street. Through this group, we could pull that off now! We just started, but it's taking off like a rocket! We have a ton of people interested in this, so hopefully things will actually get done.

If I can't find work on campus, I'll create opprotunities to get work. I'm a doer. Big things are happening here. Get excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment