Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 88

So, Summer Rep has come and gone...again, lol. I'm officially done, and I thought that I would get to take a small but much needed theatre break until the beginning of the school year.

I should have known that it would never happen.

I was asked to be in another show. An actress had to drop out, so I am being put in her place. It's a farce. Check. Directed by a grad student with a good reputation. Check. Also in the cast are fellow Techians who are extremely talented. Check! So, needless to say it took me two seconds to say yes. I was flattered that he thought of me. I guess I'm getting my name out there, slowly but surely. The only bad thing about it is that the performance space is about 3o minutes out of town, but hey, if I get the chance to be a good character in another show, I'll deal with it!

So, I have been anxiously awaiting my first rehearsal. I thought I might be drained from summer rep, but really, knowing i'm about to do another show has given me a boost of energy. It gives me the umph to go through my math class or the grind of finding a job. It's like my little treat to myself at the end of the day.

I'm very excited about the experience. I'm going in with high expectations, so here's hoping it goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment