Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 89

So, while this blog may not be a blog a day for 365 days straight anymore, I plan on making it through the end of my senior year at Tech. Hopefully that will work out to be 365 days. It would be cool if it did.

So, starting rehearsals for the show. It's been a lot of fun thus far. Th thing I love about farces that, with the right director, you get the chance just to play onstage. I love experimenting with comedy and what a character might do in certain situations. It keeps you on your toes when you go through it because you might have an idea for a certain moment, but when you actually get in it and react to the different characters and their actions, it could change completely. It's a really nice rush. I always say that I'm not amazing at improv, but when it comes to improv in a scene, I love doing it.

But, in a kind of sick way, I love the moments that fail. I really can't explain why I like it, but I think it's just as awesome as the moments that hit. When I fail, I fail big, or at least try to. And I guess those moments make you appreciate when something actually does work. And it gives me a sense of what is funny and what isn't. You can't get it right all the time, so it's always a learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment