Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 82

Update even more: LUTAF!

So, when looking back at my previous posts, I realized that I haven't even talked about LUTAF, which has been one of the biggest theatre things to happen to me this year. I have one post about a friend of mine coming up with the idea, but nothing more developing it. And my, oh my, has it developed.

It kind of grew into this huge thing. When this friend talked to me about this idea for a theatre group that he had, I was all on board. It grew and grew and more and more people were interested in it. Finally, it was decided that we would do a night of original one-act plays ala RROAPS. Thus, Lubbock Underground Theatre and Film was born.

I was involved in 4 of the 5 shows that were put up in production for the night of one-acts,. I figure I can dedicate a blog post to each one. So, in no particular order (yes it is actually, in the order of the plays during the show) here it goes.

First off: "Last Spot in Heaven"

This was the show in which I had the smallest role in, but I probably had the most fun with. It was a game show for the last spot in heaven, and I played one of the contestants trying to win it. Sounds simple enough. But one of the aspects of the show that I loved was that me, and the other two contestants, were placed in the audience at the beginning of the show. Everyone in the audience was given a number, and St. Peter drew numbers for the contestants. So, for 15 minutes before the show even started, we had to be in character and able to improv. I had a blast being the goody two-shoes and messing with people. Some of my favorite moments were when people I knew that were in the audience would mess with me. This one couple kept asking me question after question and messing with me to the max. It kept me on my toes and I got to work on not breaking character. I loved it.

The show itself was fun. I was only involved in the first couple of scenes, but I had a ball doing it. And I got to wear a t-shirt that said "Jan's the Man", who wouldn't love that?

No comments:

Post a Comment