Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 92

So, not have a computer sucks, because I can't update as much as I would like to. BUT, some pretty big events have been happening in my life. I'll write more about "The Foreigner" tomorrow, but for the big news...

I GOT MOTHERFUCKING CAST!

Yes, you heard, or read, me right. I, the girl who couldn't get cast at Tech a year ago has now been cast in not 1, but 2 shows! I've seriously have been mind fucked at this very moment.

I still think I'm going to wake up tomorrow and someone will call me and say they made a mistake. It doesn't seem real. I knew going in that I had very strong audition pieces, and after callbacks I felt fairly confident, but there were so many people who read well at all of the callbacks. Even after "Anton in Showbusiness" callbacks, I felt like I failed majorly and didn't have a shot. When I found out yesterday that I got 2 shows, I just started bawling. Like, flat out, snot out of the nose, ugly bawling. I was so overwhelmed. I've been so used to getting "No's" all last year, I prepared myself for the same thing this time around. I don't know how it happened, but things just worked out in my favor. I just can't get over how happy and blessed I feel. I don't think anyone will know. And I'm surprised by all the support I've gotten over the past two days. So many people have told me how proud they were and happy and how I deserved it. I don't think I "deserve" it perse. I've worked my ass off trying to improv over last year. I don't think I deserve anything, but I'm glad that the directors have noticed my improvements and given me a shot. But it's nice to have friends and even just aqaintences support me.

Now, the scary part starts. Actually going through rehearsals, technicals performances for two shows without a true break. I've done it before, but never with Tech. I'm hoping I can juggle that on top of everything else I have going on. But I'm more than willing to do it. I'm just glad they gave me this chance. I hope I can do both roles justice in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment